Loading... Please wait...

The meaning of "closeouts" or "discontinued" in the wallpaper industry.

Posted by

When you buy a closeout or discontinued wallpaper what exactly does that mean?  In the wallpaper business a closeouts are created when a manufacturer or distributor discontinues selling a particular wallpaper book.  The patterns in that book are called closeouts or discontinued patterns.  In some cases some of the bigger sellers of the book may be inserted in another book and these patterns are called carryovers.  Carryovers are sometimes given a new pattern number that is why you may see some popular wallpapers with more than one number describing them.  Many times the pattern will appear in another book with different colors the same "rollers" are used over and over.  

When buying a closeout or discontinued it is always a wise idea to buy extra because when the seller runs out it is likely he will not be able to get anymore since it is no longer being manufactured.

Closeouts are usually an excellent buy because the manufacturer has made their money on the book and he needs to get rid of the inventory to make room for new products.  They usually sell these closeouts in large quantities to resellers who can sell them at a very low price.


What's News


Follow us on

Copyright 2018 papermywalls.com. All Rights Reserved.
 Sitemap | BigCommerce Premium Themes by PSDCenter